voting for obama because he is black

i dont understand why when people ask me if i am voting for barack because and my response to them is "yes" that have a look of shock on their face... they look like" damn well i knew that was the reason but i cant believe she actually admitted it". my response to you is damn right i am admitting it. listen people i will be voting for barack in november. but my decision is not solely based on the fact that he is black, but i will not lie him being black is a big factor in my decision. and i do not feel bad about it. i hate when people try to make other feel guilty when they admit to this. do you know how long my mother, myself, and our ancestors have waited for this. i dont think black people realize how far we have come but how much further we have left to go. a black man can identify another black mans struggle. a white man cant do that, especially no damn republican as old as john mccain. so dont try to make me feel bad because i dont and i wont. i have many white friends, and i am blessed to be able to encounter many open minded white people (we keep it real i dont call them caucasion they call me black and i call them white). of course my friends and i have disagreements and there are certain things that we will never agree on but that is the same for my black friends. i have one friend named amy and she is a republican. one day we was speaking and we were being open and honest, i asked her are you a republican because you believe in what they represent are because your parents are republicans and that is all you know. she straight up told me she is a republican because her father is a republican and you can not be a democrate and live in his house. i am a democrate mainly because i was taught and raised to be a democrate. but if i was a republican i will still vote for barack just because he is black. white people vote for other whites all the time. how many times have a black person had good values, backgrounds, and ideas and lost to a white man who is corrupt or not as qualified all because of the color their skin? too many times! so why should i feel bad because i am doing it? i mean i have done my research and barack obama plans are great to me, especially considering the fact that i am a college student. if you research barack you will see that he plans on college tuition and making school more affordable are great ones. he proposes the American Opportunity Tax Credit. this will make the first 4000 dollars of school completely free. so the student do not have to pay for the first 4000 and this plan will also pay for 2/3 of college cost there after. many of us who will be voting in november or either college aged audlts are the elderly. whoever lands in office will affect those of us who are 40 and younger the most, especially college aged voters. so you tell me have mccain offered anything that will wow you? hell he sure hasnt done that for me and that is just my final thought. so what do you think, does barack skin color has a part to do with your decision in november?

1 comments:

Ti Dickenson August 9, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

YES, BUT LIKE YOU SAID BARACK HAS ALOT TO OFFER. IT ISNT LIKE HE IS COMING TO THE TABLE WITH NOTHING HE IS OFFERING AND PROPOSING ALOT..AND HE HAS WORKED HARD FOR WHERE HE IS AT.